update





Regular emacs-fu programming will resume shortly, but for now I'll provide a
brief update on some of my projects.



  • Recently, I discussed sauron, and event-tracking tool for emacs. I added
    some new features, fixed some bugs, and got some contributions (yay!)


    • tweak/improve priority handling

    • add a backend for the emacs-24 notification system

    • add settings to make the sauron frame 'sticky', and to hide the mode-line

    • enable dbus-message source outside your session; useful for cron/procmail
      etc.

    • display events in a tabular fashion

    • add support for John Wiegley's event.el

    • much improved documentation

    • other things…




    Sauron version 0.2 is available through Marmalade (see Package Management Revisited)



  • I released version 0.9.8 of mu (e-mail searcher/indexer, previously
    discussed in Searching e-mails with Wanderlust and mu). Now, for emacs-users
    I've added mu4e (manual), a new & experimental e-mail client. It won't be
    big and professional like gnus, but it's fun to hack on, and I've been
    using it for a few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts