ContacT lens crazy!!!




You may be surprised to learn that the Italian inventor, artist and scientist Leonardo da Vinci is credited with describing and sketching the first ideas for contact lenses in 1508!  But it was more than 300 years later before contact lenses were actually fabricated and worn on the eye. 

Highlights in Contact Lens History 

1508         Leonardo da Vinci describes and sketches the first ideas for contact lenses.
1632         French mathematician Rene Descartes suggests placing a lens directly on the eye to correct vision.
1827         English astronomer Sir John Herschel proposes making a mold of the wearer's eyes so contact lenses can be made to conform perfectly to the front of the eye.
1887         German glassblower F.E. Muller produces the first glass contact lens.
1888         Swiss physician A.E. Fick and Paris optician Edouard Kalt report using glass contact lenses to correct vision.
1929         Hungarian physician Joseph Dallos introduces an improved method to take molds of living eyes so contact lenses can be made to fit more closely to the eye.
1936         New York optometrist William Feinbloom produces the first contact lens containing both glass and plastic.
1948         California optician Kevin Tuohy begins manufacturing contact lenses made entirely of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) plastic.
1950         Oregon optometrist George Butterfield designs a plastic contact lens with multiple inside curves for better fitting characteristics and increased comfort.
1956         Czech chemist Otto Wichterle begins making contact lenses with a soft, water-absorbing plastic he helped create.
1971         The first commercially available soft contact lens is introduced in the United States by Bausch & Lomb.
1978         The first toric soft contact lens is introduced in the U.S. for the correction of astigmatism.
1979         The first rigid gas permeable (RGP) hard contact lens is introduced.
1981         Extended wear soft contact lenses are introduced.
1982         Bifocal daily wear soft contact lenses became available for commercial distribution.
1983         The first tinted RGP lens became available for commercial distribution.
1986         An extended wear RGP lens became available for commercial distribution.
1987         Disposable soft contact lenses became available for commercial distribution; a soft contact lens to change eye color became available for commercial distribution; first multipurpose lens care product made available for commercial distribution.

A new formulation of fluorosilicone acrylate material for RGP lenses became available for commercial distribution.
1991         Frequent replacement soft contact lenses are introduced.
1992         Tinted disposable soft contact lenses are introduced.
1995         One-day disposable soft contact lenses are introduced.
1996         First disposable lenses using ultra-violet absorber are available in the U.S.
1999         Disposable bifocal soft contact lenses are introduced.


Truths about contact lenses are as follows: soft contact lenses greatly outsell hard contact lenses; children can wear contact lenses as long as they are mature enough to take care of them, contacts do not cause eye infections if properly cleaned, and contacts can greatly improve peripheral vision.Myths about contact lenses are as follows: contact lenses can get lost behind your eye, contacts cause eye infections and blindness, you cannot wear contacts to play sports, and contacts cause eye irritation.
Contact lenses history is still being written. As long as contact lens wearers have regular eye exams, dispose of contact lenses as prescribed, keep contacts clean, and take care of their contact lenses and overall eye health, contact lenses can be a joy to ears- especially when compared with the alternative- eyeglasses. If the history of contact lenses is anything to go by we can expect even more exciting and sometimes wacky developments.

HOW DOES CONTACT LENSES WORK??
The 1980s only offered so much in terms of eyewear fashion. Today's junior high students walk around in invisiline braces and colored contact lenses and display their school photos proudly.
It is only relatively recently however that the popularity of lenses really took off, they did not become mass marketed and affordable until the Generation X crowd were heading to college. The developments made have been astounding in a range of ways.

Leonardo da Vinci considered the contact lens back in 1508 suggesting that a lens could greatly improve vision if applied directly to the eye.

In the 1820s, English astronomer John Herschel considered fitting a lens to the eye and in 1887 a glass eye maker, F.A. Muller, fitted an eye with the first glass contact lens. In 1888, A.E. Zurich, a physicist, made a pair of glass lenses to correct his own vision and coined the term "contact lens.

In the 1900s, the contact lens science went into high gear with many chemists, physicians, and engineers trying out different materials to make a comfortable, corrective lens. Plastic contact lenses were invented in 1938. In 1947, the first contact lens made of plastic that covered only the cornea was invented by American Kevin Tuohy. Throughout the history of contact lenses, constant advancements have been made.










 



 omg..this one is full eye contact lens..that's crazy!


haha..why contact len's story so sudden??? why??why???it's because I'm the biggest fan of contact lens ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO...even though i didn't wear any contact lenses my friends always mistaken me for wearing it..it's not like my eyes look big but it's the colour of my pupil..looks nudy brown.haha..I'm proud of it...=P
so, talking about this lenses thing, i have about 13 contact lenses with me..it have various colours and diameter too...the biggest lens i've ever had is 17.8mm..and I look freak with that..seriously.. =,=''..LOL
I like koreans lens the most..and I have 2 lens from GEO brand,one  from HANABI-series, 1  from LOLITA-series ,1 from RIKA-series and the rest are BARBIE-series ..I'd like to have one from BLYTHEYE-series  though but i didn't get the chance to buy some..oh well, I'll just buy some of them later on~
Well, I just browse 1 of the shopping blogs and it's currently selling 18.7mm lens..??!OMG.. i mean 14.5mm lens already makes my eyes looks bigger, so what about 18.7..OMG..I seriously want it..but it's expensive.. so,I'll just wait for the price to low down first(LOL, it won't happen though)
At first, I really hate contact lens, and I'm comfortable wearing spectacles.. But, I only put it on while studying because I think I really looks like a nerd, and moreover, a GEEK????LMAO...my mummy always scold me when I'm not wearing it, and I always ignored her all the time.. she says my eye's degree will continuously increasing minute by minute, until I go completely blind??? I know it's true, but what's with degree increasing minute by minute,,LMFAO..that's totally lying mum..sorry,I'm not a kid anymore..
so, my friends suggested me to wear lens since I'm so stubborn by not wearing spectacles while I'm out with them, pretending my vision is super clear, but the truth is it's super blur..I can't even see  people's face who's standing only 5 meters away from me...my degree is 150/300, for R/L.. and seriously why my left eye is so fuckin damaged compared to my right eye..?The optometrist says that it's unlikely case but I didn't need to worry because it wont affect my body,, but he didnt tell me why did the thing happens???Do I look really dumb that he thinks I've could never understand even if he ever did explained it to me..so, he never explained though..urgh..and I just hate that shemale-look optometrist..! okay, back to the topic, so, i said to my girls that I really like the original colours of my eye that I wont wear any contact lens, but they still forced me to wear the clear lens..so, when I wear it for the first time, I was like, OMG..this was soooo clear..(my vision)
I never thought it would be so clear like this..and I'm in greatest tear ever, since it was my first time wearing lens, and my eyes hurts a lot!!!!
Since then I got very fanatic to contact lens...i tend to collect all the colours available,so now,i have black,blue,grey,brown,red,violet,and pink,..the only one left is green, so i'm gonna complete my collection with the BLYTHEYE-series soon..\(>//<)/
this is my lens~~~~~~~~
my first colored-contact lens..it's 14.5mm..
it's candylicious-brown
barbie sassy-pink

barbie sassy-blue

I-hanabi-red

GEO lens-black

GEO lens-grey (14mm)

lolita-brown

barbie crystal nudy-grey(16mm)

rika-series-(brown)

barbie crystal nudy-brown

barbie pussy-violet

my first contact lens..LOL..i look like a cat..meow^^








LMAO!!!I'm pretending to be a contact lens model..but I'm not..haha~but hope to be 1 someday..(kidding)
well, that's the end of my story today..^^
contact lens..I JUST LOVE U SO MUCH.. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts