the zenburn color theme





A popular way to customize emacs is changing its color scheme, as already
discussed color theming. Until recently, I was using an evolved version of the
color theme presented there, 'djcb-dark'. It works for me but, admittedly,
it's a bit ugly.



But recently, in a post to the Wanderlust mailing list, someone mentioned a
color theme called Zenburn. Zenburn started its life as a color scheme for

vim, around 2002. The explicit goal was to have a pleasant theme that is
light on the eyes, and allows you to stay 'in the zone' for long stretches of
time. People liked it, and version for many other programs were made,
including emacs.




I've been using Zenburn for the last few weeks, and I really like it. I used
to think that 'low-contrast' would mean that things are not really clear; but
the opposite seems true. Anyway, the screen shot says more than a thousand
words I suppose…




Zenburn-for-emacs (written by Daniel Brockman) can be found at the link
above. I've sent my updates to him of course, but as it may take a while for
the 'official' version to be updated, I've put my version on
Emacswiki: ZenburnColorTheme. The changes are the support for Wanderlust,
hi-line (for highlighting the current line) , magit and elscreen; also,
I made selected (eh, transiently marked regions) not loose their foreground
color.





Note, the theme is not yet part of the color-theme package, but does require
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts